Saturday, May 28, 2011

Electric Blogaloo

I was seriously debating the new blog yesterday when two things happened.

First, I showed Lisa and she was actually excited.  Lisa is my favorite audience.  Check.

Second, I was tooling around on the internets, you know, like one does, and I came across what may be the most appropriate way to kick this blog off:



(You can see the entire comic here, and you definitely should.  A. it was too big to post and B. I say credit where credit is due.  Those guys are pretty funny.)

I closed the original RT with a calvin and hobbes comic (here), and considering the intended subject matter of Reopened, you can see why this homage is appropriate.  And I just happened across it.  Randomly.  As if the universe WANTS me to blog and not work so I can feed my children.  Check.

Tumblr is surprisingly user-friendly, but I can’t even begin to imagine why it doesn’t immediately have comments.  I installed a third party program, so you can leave a comment if you’d like, but there’s no way to do it without a valid email address.  I’m looking into blogger again, and maybe even wordpress, but if anyone has any other suggestions let me know by typing it onto an onion peel with an old timey typewriter and mailing it to the moon.  Or leave a comment.  Just as easy. 

Okay, ignore that last paragraph.  I just moved Reopened over to blogger.  The comment thing was bad enough, but then when I tried to post, I couldn't figure out how to upload pictures.  I'm sure there's a way, but it wasn't immediately apparent.  I think we can all agree pictures are necessary or else I'll just keep writing all damn day.

Pictures and comments.  Check.  Now we just need a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment